READ 2 Cor. 12:7-10 - It was true in Paul's life.
ILLUS. Samuel never stopped praying for his people, even though they failed time and again. (1 Sam 12:23)
QUOTE - "I am sometimes started by the power of a feeble prayer to win a speedy answer." SPURGEON (And yet, often the answer is NOT speedy.)
2. Previously answered prayer requests.
QUOTE - "That the Almighty does make use of human agencies and directly intervenes in human affairs is one of the plainest statements in the Bible. I have had so many evidences of His direction, so many instances when I have been controlled by some other power than my own will, that I cannot doubt that this power comes from above." Abraham Lincoln
QUOTE "We may not always be able to trace God, but we can always trust Him."
QUOTE - "It is not said that after keeping God's commandments, but in keeping them there is great reward. God has linked these two things together, and no man can separate them - obedience and power. (F. W. Robertson) - AND, I THINK, OBEDIENCE AND ANSWERED PRAYER.
1. Some say this refers to prophecy, such as Deut. 17:14-15.
2. Some say this refers to the personal copy of scripture the king was to carry and use as his guidebook. READ: Deut. 17:18-20
2. Preaching righteousness (vs. 9)
3. Sharing God's blessings in his life (Vs. 10)
D. David knows that the results of answered prayer in his life reach beyond him to others. (vss. 13-16)
E. David knows that he needs God's help even in this area of waiting for answers.